Saturday, December 12, 2009

Grandma Ruth Tuttle

Last Wednesday night at 11:00 (12/9/2009) our sweet Grandma Tuttle passed from this life to the next to the arms of her eternal companion and other family and friends. I was able to spend about 4 hours with her Wednesday afternoon and it was a great experience. The peace in that room was beautiful and calming. Grandma was one of the sweetest people I know. I loved her from the moment I met her. I loved to just visit with her. She had such and INCREDIBLE talent for sewing. She made incredible porcelain dolls that she poured herself, and added color and eyes and lashes and hair. And then she dressed them - many times having made the clothes herself. She was truly an inspiration. She made my bride doll that constantly commented on. How she had the patience to sew all those beads on that dress, I'll never know. She made each one of my kids, my mom and me a "special" apron. I treasure that. I'll never own another one! She was one of the most selfless people I have ever met. If she could have fed the hungry, she would have. She taught elementary school for 30 years - having had the opportunity to teach some of her grandchildren. She had perfect print. I love her handwriting. She was constantly think of and doing for others. She had a very strong testimony of the gospel and lived it. Her and Grandpa served missions and traveled a lot. Because of this and so much more, Bret and I named our sweet Noodle after her ("Noodle" Ruth). Noodle and Grandma were pretty close. Noodle like to talk to her and go visit her. She liked "looking at all of Grandma's stuff." How I will miss this wonderful lady - but I am not sad. She has been ready to die for quite some time. She as said for a while now that her work on earth is done. Well now she can be with her sweetheart and be busy on the other side - which I know she is. She's finally happy and content. I didn't cry when she died, I didn't cry when I had to tell Bret and I didn't cry when Bret did, but right now I cannot stop the tears. I love and miss her already but I'm so happy for her, how could I be sad? I'm not sad for her. I'm not even really sad for me. I'm not sure why I'm crying. I guess I just feel a void in my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your Grandma's passing. Take comfort in knowing that you will be able to see her again.

Becca said...

I love you.