Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Growing Pains...

My sweet little Noodle had 2 baby teeth pulled today. She did SO good, not even 1 tear. But I could tell it hurt her and that made me so sad. She's doing ok now - after I gave her some pain meds. One tooth had a cap on it and was abscessing so there was no point in saving it. The other one was abscessing too, but the dentist thought it best to pull it too instead of doing a pulpotomy on it. Now she will have a retainer/space maintainer until her adult teeth come in. In a month we have to do the same thing for Buddy - O-Boy do I dread that one. He does NOT do well at the dentist. Maybe I'll send Hubs with him. Buddy needs to have 2 baby teeth removed to make room for her permanent teeth. I don't know it's a big explanation that I can't really explain typing. On a happy note, Lewlew doesn't need to have ANY work done. Yippee!!! I think she'll be more like Buddy - difficult!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I feel your pain. I hate hate hate more than anything taking my kids to the dentist. None of my kids are good to go. Logan had one of those space maintainer's a few months ago I had to take him in and have it taken out it had caused a HUGE sore in his mouth. Chance also had one and we had not problems with it. Anyway long story short Logan eats 100 % better now I had no idea he had such a huge sore. The dentist wants me to take him to a pediadontist decause of the fight so I have that to look forward to. Tell Emma Great job and I hope she feels better soon.

Jeni said...

Poor thing, that sounds absolutely horrible! (For you and her!)