Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Seasons of Change

Why does time seem to move so fast and yet so slow? There are times when I feel like it's slipping by and others when I think the day will never end! And then when I hear tails of teenagers, I want my kids to stay young forever because I am not delusional enough to think that I will be able to talk and spend quality time with my teens. I'm sure they'll hate me on a daily basis - not looking forward to that.

This was Noodle August 2010.


This is Noodle August 2011. (I absolutely cannot wait for her teeth to come in. The "losing teeth" stage is NOT my favorite!) She changing so much. She wants to make sure her outfit looks ok, and her hair. She wants to change her earrings and co-ordinate things. She's only 8! Isn't she supposed to be playing with dolls and not caring how she looks?


This was my great-great grandma back in 1902 waiting for this train to leave the depot and for her passenger train to come in. There was some big thing going on in town and a newspaper writer took this picture and put it in the local newspaper. Crazy, huh! The resemblance between her and Noodle is so close they could be the same person - that's because they are!
Great shot, huh! My SIL took lots and lots (like 500 - seriously, not kidding, 500) pictures of her nieces and nephews a couple of weeks ago and this was one of them. She's a great photographer - we're lucky to have her!

No comments: