Monday, March 9, 2009

Draper, UT Temple Open House

On Saturday, our family attended the Draper Temple open house. Wow - it was really neat. Noodle had been looking forward to this for a long time. I was disappointed at the crowd. Holy cow, there were a lot of people. But it was still awesome! (I found these pictures from the church's website) Buddy's favorite room was the Celestial Room.

Noodle's was the Bride's Room and Lewlew like the chandeliers. Of course, everyone liked the Sealing room. I was surprised at how small it seemed. But my mom told me it was about the size of Denver and Albuquerque. That really surprised me. I guess I was just used to Mt. Timpanogas - which apparently is a "large" temple. I think the best part was being able to go with our kids. That was really neat. From this temple, you can see 4 temples. The Draper Temple (of course), the Salt Lake Temple, The Jordan River Temple, and the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Pretty impressive. We can't wait to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. This time, we'll go on a weekday!

3 comments:

Lori said...

What a beautiful Temple. (not like there is a ugle one right) that is neat the kids got to go. I didn't know you could take pictures. I am glad you got to so i could see.

Nancy said...

It's so beautiful. How fun to have some many temples being built that you get to go to all of the open houses. I like that rug in the Bride's Room (I can see why that was Emma's favorite). I think it's ok to take pictures because it hasn't been dedicated yet.

Jeni said...

Wow! Look at that carpet in the bride's room - so amazing. We took our kiddos down to the San Antonio Temple open house and there were huge lines there too. But it was so amazing to go through the temple with them and have them see so many places that they won't get to see again for some time. How amazing to be able to see 4 temples from that one! I can't even imagine! There's only one here in Dallas and the rest are HOURS away. Just one of the many perks of living in "The Promised Land," eh?

Anyway, what a great way to spend a day! Thanks for the pics!