Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


Today is our 10th wedding anniversary! Wow, has it flown by! I (Sandi) moved to Utah on 30 Sep 98. Bret and I briefly met 2 days before Thanksgiving when we happen to leave a party at the same time. We'd happen to be at several ward prayers over the next couple of months. Then on 18 Feb 99, I was getting out of my car to go into church and Bret pulled into the parking lot. His car was a mess. I told him he should keep his car cleaner - it was a Camero after all! He agreed and so I offered to wash it for him. That night at ward prayer, we exchanged cars so I could wash it for him the next day. We went out to lunch afterward. Nearly 2 weeks later, we went to a Kenneth Cope concert and then began dating - a lot. On 31 Mar 99 Bret proposed in front of the Jordan River Temple (amongst many cheers of strangers outside the temple - I might add!) We set a date for Aug something. Over the next couple weeks, we realized August wasn't going to work out - we had school problems and temple scheduling problems - so we moved our date to 26 June 99. We had 10 weeks before the wedding. It was a marvelous day! The elder who sealed us (Elder Ellsworth) spoke as if he knew us personally. The weather for pictures and the reception was beautiful and everything was perfect! So many people worked very hard to make this so special for us and we appreciated it. We went to Disneyland for our honeymoon - again, it was the best. I had never been before and I LOVED it! Of course I loved my tour guide!

The past 10 years have been really great! We've moved 5 times, Bret graduated from college, we've had 3 terrific kids, lost some loved ones, gained some. But the last 18 months have been the toughest of our married life. However, I wouldn't want to go through it with anyone else! I am truly married to my best friend. I'm very thankful for the Plan of Salvation. I'm thankful for my eternal companion. I love you, Hunny!!

PS - This was the BEST dress. It was just stunning!!! Thanks Jesse - You're the greatest!!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Ooooh! I've never seen pictures of your wedding. They are so gorgeous and so are you! Wow. Congrats on 10 years! Hope you guys had a great anniversary.