Monday, June 29, 2009

Memory Lane Monday

So I'm starting a new thing. My cousin does a post every week called Flashback Friday where she posts a picture of the past and then writes a little something about it. So I'm going to copy her, except I'm calling mine "Memory Lane Monday." (Thanks for the idea "cousin." I hope you don't mind that I copy you :) ) OK - so here's my first:



This picture was taken April of 1994. I was 17 and a senior in high school. My "friend" and I were on our way out - probably going "cruising." Hey, it was a small community - it's what we did. Check out our BIG hair. Take a special note of the ropers we were wearing and our stance. Weren't we so cool ;) We had the picture taken because we dressed alike and we didn't mean to. In the background, you can see our wood burning stove - our ONLY source of heat. No furnace - just wood. So everyday the ashes had to be taken out and wood brought in. Every summer wood had to be hauled from the mountains, cut, split and stacked. It was a lot of work, but WELL worth it.






3 comments:

Nancy said...

Cute picture! I like the welcome sign in the back. I think everyone in town had that. It must've been a Relief Society project or something! Old pictures can be so fun - looking in the background is my favorite. I LOVE the red pants and big hair!
*I don't mind you copying the flashback thing at all. I love old pictures and memories so the more the better. I found some old home videos of South Dakota and some other family stuff. It would be great if we could all get together and watch and share memories - it would be lots of laughs, too. Maybe someday!

Jeni said...

Ha ha ha!! I think you and I have a picture just like that too - same pose in the exact same place. That must have been the picture-taking spot at your house. Such fun memories! Love the big hair. hehehe

Anonymous said...

GGGGRRRREEEEAAAATTTTT Photo. Those were the days!! I miss them but would not want to go back for sure
Thanks I love the idea of ya all doing the flashbacks