Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Grandma's Quilt

Since I didn't make this, I can post this pic on this blog instead of my Brag Blog.





My grandma pieced this quilt YEARS ago. I'm pretty sure she didn't cut all of these pieces out. I'm pretty sure she ordered the kit and then sewed it together.





I'm also pretty sure she didn't hand quilt it all by herself. I'm pretty sure she helped her friend Mavis quit it - although I'm not sure how many others helped. Mavis would put up a quilt in her living room and quilt for hours. If you helped her with hers, then she'd help you with yours. I really have no idea how much, if anything, my grandma paid her.
Note: the quilting is on both sides of each seam.



It really is a beautiful quilt - even if it's not my favorite colors. The stitching is gorgeous! I can't imagine how many hours it took to quilt this king size quilt. I don't think I could do it - I don't have the patience for hand quiting. But I'm glad to have this one...

No comments: