Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yard Work...

The people who lived in our house before us were retired so they spent quite a bit of time in their yard. They had many square feet of flower beds. I'm sure at one time their yard was quite beautiful. But due to medical reason, the yard was neglected and had minimal work done for about 5 years and then for 2 summers before we moved in the yard had hardly any work. One summer it was vacant and the flippers didn't water much. Anyway, we've done a lot of work. All along our back fence was irritating wild rose bushes. We (Hubs) has ripped them out. We've brought the lawn back to life and with the help of many donating starts and seeds our flower garden is looking OK. Well by the sidewalk that runs in front of our house, they had taken 2 quarter circles of grass out and had 2 very poky bushes. We took those out the first thing. Then I had some flowers there, but I always hated those 2 beds. So this year, I transplanted the flowers and we attempted to plant grass. So bad. It's a terrible location. So I finally got tired of it and bought a few pieces of sod and laid them down. OK, so these pictures aren't the best. But trust me, it looks tons better. Now I'm hoping to save the sod. It's really too hot to lay sod. But hopefully I can keep it wet enough to save it. That sod is heavy! It was more time consuming than I thought. But hopefully it will all be worth it!!




Before...


The green stuff you see growing here is


some grass but mostly weeds.
After...


Not quite the same color, yet.
I'll try and post some better pictures later.

No comments: