Saturday, May 9, 2009

Enough Already...



Last Saturday, May 2, Noodle spiked a fever and wasn't feeling very well. Sunday was the same thing - just not feeling well. The flu is going around and that's what I thought she had. By Tuesday, she seemed to be doing better but not good. Her fever would come back sporadically and then go away with Tylenol. But she had this nagging cough. Since she does have asthma and allergies, and because she'd been sick, I hadn't given her the asthma medicine. So I thought that was the problem. On Thursday I took her to the doc so we could get her asthma med refilled and have Avrie caught up on immunizations. And I thought while I was there, I'd have the doc check Noodle's ears and stuff. Well she listened to her lungs and said Noodle had pneumonia. They checked her O2 level and it was at 82 (for kids, they like it 95 and up). So they gave her a breathing treatment and her level went up to 85. Not good enough. So the nurse gave her a shot of Rosefrin (OUCH!!) and then they admitted her to the hospital. At the hospital they put her on 2 liters of O2 and her O2 still was barely hovering at 92. Of course she had an IV with fluids and antibiotics. But she was so brave, she didn't cry during the IV insertion. Actually the only time she cried through this whole thing was at the doc office when the nurse gave her the shot. So after 2 nights and 2 long days, she's coming home today. What a relief!! Bret and Kyle administered to Noodle the first night - which I'm sure aided in her speedy recovery. She still has a cough, but not as bad. And because she's been in bed for all this time her leg is REALLY sore where she had a shot. We're thankful it's not any worse than it is (and I'm TOTALLY irritated at myself for not taking her into the doc sooner. I guess there goes my chances of Mom of the Year!!) Having Noodle home is the best Mother's Day present ever!!!








Noodle during her breathing treatment...




Lewlew after her imm. She didn't cry - I was quite impressed!


Before they inserted the IV, a nurse came in to explain everything to Noodle. She gave Noodle this hospital buddy and had noodle draw the face and hair. Then she showed Noodle everything that was going to happen with the IV. So here is Noodle and "Ruthie" with their IV's. Noodle had a few tubes coming from her. Getting her to the bathroom was quite interesting.


This is Noodle and the bear that her doctor (actually she's a nurse practitioner) brought her. Noodle and Kelly are good friends. How many doc's bring their patients gifts, and send them Christmas presents and stuff. We love Kelly!!






Buddy and Lewlew had fun playing in Noodle's hospital room too. Buddy was a little upset because Noodle was getting spoiled and also, he wanted to spend the night at the hospital with her.





Peek-A-Boo!!



5 comments:

Lori said...

Poor little thing, Make sure you give her a squeeze for me. We made friends while she was here last. Sweet little girl

Nancy said...

I'm glad Emma is doing better. I had that same experience when I was 4, only I was in the hospital for a whole week, it wasn't fun. Damn Asthma anyway! Take care.

Nancy said...

I meant damn pneumonia (I can't spell) but damn asthma too!

Kristin said...

Poor Emma. I hope she is all better!!!!

Jeni said...

Poor baby! How scary. Ryley had to get three of those Rocephin shots when he had an ear infection that just wouldn't go away and they are so painful!! I hope she's doing better!