Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Greatest Husband!

This year our kids gave my mom a necklace that says "Nana" on it. They each also gave her a card that says something about "Nana". Bret and I gave her a blouse. Our kids gave Hubs's mom a mini fan (it's what she wanted). Hubs and I went in with Taina and Gina to give Mary a copy of her mom' and dad's life histories. She had a copy of each of them but hasn't been able to find them for a few years. Her mom's is quite an extensive history. Mom my and I went in on some flowers for my grandma. Hubs's grandma got a phone call and my other grandma got an email - ya, I know, real creative...


For Mother's Day my kids gave me a cute bracelet with a heart on it that says "Mom" and the back says "A mother understands what a child does not say." It very cute. My mom gave me a cute watch. Hubs's mom gave me money (which I think I'm going to use for a pedicure) and my wonderful husband gave me tickets to Miss Saigon for this Wednesday. I'm SO excited!! I have wanted to see this play since I was in high school and my band teacher told us about it. I'm so glad I don't have to wait very long to see it. Thank you, Hunny, thank you very much!!


We also went over to Hubs's mom's for dinner. We bbqed and had a nice time visiting with one another. Hubs, of course, made sure I did as minimal as possible. It was a great day!!!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm glad you had a nice mother's day! I actually do have a picture of Sam and myself. I will find it and maybe do that for a flashback this week. I have our 2nd grade class picture that I have been dying to post but there are a few anti-bloggers out there who might get offended (I wouldn't but you know how some people are). Anyway, thanx for the suggestion :)

Kristin said...

Way to go Bret. He gets brownie points.

Jeni said...

Sounds like you had a great day. Yay for good husbands!