Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!!


Tuesday, the 16th, was my mom's birthday. I'm a little late posting because I've been sick - again! Anyway her sister came from Colorado. As a family we went on the Heber Creeper and Mom and Aunt Kate spent the days driving and visiting. It was so fun for my mom. Thanks for coming Aunt Kate!




Besides Bret, my mom is my best friend. She's always been there for me - even when I wasn't at my best. She has a strong testimony of the gospel and lives her religion. She's very caring and giving and compassionate and humble. When I was growing up, it was just the 2 of us most of the time. Several times I asked her to "borrow" money. She would go to her purse and literally give me the last $5 or $10 she had. She gave service all the time. She went back to college and graduated in three years with a BA and was on the dean's list
every semester. She's awesome! She's been a fabulous mom and she's
a fantastic Nana. I don't know what I would do without her. I'm so very thankful she lives with us. We love her and wish her a very happy 60th birthday!



I'm not sure how old she was in the baby picutre. But the picture of her in the blue sweater was her senior picture. The other one she was 26 years old.


Wasn't she pretty?? I mean once you take away the big hair and outdated clothes.








2 comments:

Nancy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT PAULA! I love the baby picture. It's so cute! I hope your mom had a great birthday:)

Becca said...

I see your girls in your mom's baby picture.