Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sicko's

So a few weeks ago - Bret got sick. Some sort of infection. Then he had to have a scope - on his esophagus. Then he got staff infection and then cellulitous on his face. (I didn't get pictures.) The most serious was the cellulitous. Apparently it can cause brain damage, meningitis, all kinds of things. He ended up having 2 BIG shots of antibiotic and a prescription of antibiotics. He is on the mend and his face looks MUCH better. Then I got strep - again! Third time this year. Of course it was bad. I ended up having a shot of muscle relaxer, and then 2 days later a shot of antibiotic, a shot of steroid, and a shot of pain reliever and sleep aid. Finally we are all on the mend. As of right now my throat doesn't hurt as much as my butt!! I think we are all doing pretty well at the moment. But unfortunately, I missed most of my Aunt's visit. (I'm so sorry Aunt Kate. Please come back again!) I hope this isn't a pre-cursor for what this winter will bring!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I am so sorry you guys were that sick!!!!!!

Nancy said...

Maybe you need your tonsils out. I've heard it sucks bad when your old though. Bret's illness sounds like it was pretty aweful, too. I'm glad he's doing better and I'm glad your on the mend as well. I know shots hurt, but I would much rather get a shot, it works faster and better I think. Your poor butt! Take care and feel better:)

Sandi said...

Nancy, you made me laugh and that's what I needed. My poor butt is right - even though I'd rather have a shot. My doc said when adults have their tonsils out they have the worst sore throat for about 2 weeks. Some even throw up and have a fever. And in many cases, Percocet doesn't work much. So it's a tough call.