Monday, October 20, 2008

3 of a kind

Several years ago, a good friend of mine told me that her kids (she has 3 - a boy and then 2 girls) would play very well together as long as one of them was taken out of the equation. It didn't matter which one. But the 3 of them couldn't play all together without soon fighting. I remember advising her jokingly that she should have had just 1 more. But because she was Mrs. Fertile Mertal, she had her tubes tied. (And plus she was very content with 3 kids.) Now, I haven't talked to her lately about it and her kids are getting older so maybe they are getting along better. But here I am, some time later and I am in the same predicament. (Too bad I can't take my own advise.) Does/did this ever happen to any of you who have 3 kids or came from a family of 3 kids? Any solutions, suggestions? It's so frustrating to have your kids arguing or bickering. How can I effectively keep peace in my home??

3 comments:

j e s s i e said...

to effectively keep peace in your home never get married and never have kids! =) That is the only thing I could think of, but I don't really know a whole lot so don't take my word for it.

Unknown said...

It is so hard. I have the same problem, every day, all day. They play good together for a min. and then they are all screaming and fighting with one another. I haven't mastered it yet. I have found that when this happens, I make them play in seperate rooms by them selfs for a little bit. Then they are calmed down and more relaxed to play together. That is the only thing that seems to sort of work right now. Good luck. It's a hair pulling situation.

Ben and Krystal said...

HA- Sandi I remember you being so ANTI- 3 kids! I have the same problem, well maybe my youngest doesn't quite count yet because she is only 1, but if I remove one boy, I can do errands and get along SOOOOOO much better!
I love your grape picture so much! It's so cute!