Thursday, October 2, 2008

Give A Damn

Since I had strep a couple weeks ago, my "give a damn" has been broken. I just don't feel like doing anything. When I get up in the morning I stand in front of my closet for a long time because I just don't feel like getting dressed. I don't feel like cleaning, playing or anything. It's been very frustrating! So the other day, Mister called and told me not to do anything but dress and feed the kids and myself. Duh, that's all I've been doing. But he said to do something like sew, scrapbook or whatever. In the past when he has said this, I've said "ok", and then did everything anyway. But this time, I decided to take him up on his offer. When he got home, he cleaned up and did so much with the kids. He did this for 3 days. (Ya, I know, I'm not the best wife - but my "give a damn" was broken.) And I can't believe the results! Our house looks better and I'll be damned, my give a damn is working better. What a FABULOUS husband I have. I'm so thankful for him. He's the best! Thanks Hunny, I love you!

4 comments:

j e s s i e said...

Thank you for making my day! I love the "give a damn"! It's so fitting for how I feel far too often. =)

Tuttles said...

You are so awesome! I love that!

Unknown said...

Dido!!!

Kristin said...

Is that how you fix it? I will have to give that a try.