Friday, April 29, 2011

Damaging

Because my hair is so limp and flat and straight and gross and unmanagable and flat and limp and lifeless, it styles much better with a little damage - a.k.a. high lights. So a couple of years ago, Bestie started damaging my hair. I've really liked the results. When my hair would get flat and unmanageable, I'd have her damage it again and viola! It was doable!
So about Christmas time, I decided I wanted to grow my hair out a little. I really like this style.




Not sure if it's me, but I like it.

So a couple of weeks ago, my hair was unruly so Bestie damaged it for me and as always, it fixed the problem.



However, because my hair is longer, the blond seemed very, very blond and to me, it looked like a mistake had been made. I pondered it and decided I needed to do something. So I looked through my closet and found some dye in a box (gasp!) that I bought who knows when at Wal-Mart, and promptly dyed my hair. It was supposed to be a dark auburn and would have been if I hadn't had SO much blond in my hair. I don't have a picture, but take my word for it, I looked like a copper penny! Not even kidding!

I ran into my hair cutter friend at the school 10 minutes after my hair disaster and ran to her van. "Look what I did!" I said almost in tears. She was very calm and said, "Did you do this yourself, from a box?" "Yes." I said shamelessly. "No harm. I can fix it," she said confidently. So we made arrangements for me to go to her house that night. She did a really great job covering up the penny look, but it was too purple for me. Again, no picture. So two days later, I went back and she did this:


I know these are great pictures of myself. But you try taking a profile picture of yourself!

So much better. Now I can go out in public - if I want to. Not that I do this very often, but now I can if I so choose!
Thanks, Kath, I don't know what I'd do with out you!

No comments: