Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Break

Last Monday and Tuesday, the kids and I just hung out around here - played, housework/chores, played, lazed etc. On Wednesday, my mom took the day off and we went to the Discovery Park in PG. The kids really liked that! It's a great park - different from the same ole, same ole parks. Then we had a late lunch. When we got home we "packed" to go camping in Bestie's camper. (More on that in another post). On Thursday we finished up laundry and messed around, had dinner and Smore's at Bestie's. On Friday we went to SLC with Hubs's family. On the way up there, we stopped at my grandma's house. Her husband died Wednesday night. It wasn't a tragedy, it was a blessing. It was really good to talk to her. We stayed about an hour. Then we met up with Hubs's family at the Gateway. We messed around there for a little while then checked into our hotel - The Little America. We called to get a roll away for Buddy but they don't have roll aways. WHAT??? So Taina was in the predicament we were in so she volunteered to run to Wal-Mart to get a couple of Twin air mattresses. Bless her heart. As soon as we were in our room, the kids wanted to go swimming. Gratefully, all the adults wanted to go too. But I stayed behind in the room to rest. I wasn't feeling well and was worn out because I hadn't eaten anything all day. As soon as they got back we went to dinner. It was yummy and the kids ate really well. After dinner we went swimming again. When we got back from swimming - about 9:30, we got the air mattress set up and were waiting on bedding from the hotel. After waiting more than 30 min, I just decided to use the sheet Taina got for $1.50 and the top blankets off each of the other beds and make Buddy's bed. We called to cancel the bedding. The kids went to sleep VERY fast. And Hubs and I fell asleep not long after they did. On Saturday, we had breakfast at McDonald's and then everyone but me went to the Gateway Discovery Museum. I went to the viewing of my step-grandpa. It was very nice. There were a lot of people there - which was nice for Grandma. She was having a harder time than I thought she would. My Aunt Laurie was there with her and was going to be there for her all day. Which I'm grateful for! Afterwards, I met up with Hubs and the kids. Everyone else had had enough of the museum and wanted to shop some more. Our kids had a ball showing me everything I missed at the museum. Bless Taina's heart - she had a family pass for the museum and gave it to us. Thanks so much!!! So we played around the museum for a while and then came home. Everyone had a great time! So now it's Sunday and back to reality tomorrow. I'm not sure who it's going to be tougher on, me or the kids! I have a lot of catching up to do so I'm looking forward to not having kids underfoot, but at the same time, I do enjoy them being home - most of the time...

No comments: