Friday, April 22, 2011

Mom of the year...

Tuesday night, Lewlew got up about 11 complaining of a tummy ache. Not the throw up kind, the cramp kind. So I thought she had stomach flu and I waited for her to begin throwing up. Never happened. She went back to bed about 1/2 hour later and slept all night. She went to school on Wednesday and was fine. At dinner, she coughed a weird cough, but only once or twice. It sounded like she was congested but I didn't worry about it. Thursday morning she woke up and felt a little warm, but again, she was acting fine so I didn't worry too much about it. About 11:30 I asked her if she was going to ever get dressed and she said she just wanted to rest. I felt her and she was really warm. And she was complaining of her tummy hurting again. At 12:30 I called her doc and made an appointment for Friday at 1:00. At 3:15 she was really sick. Lethargic, very hot and breathing kinda labored. So I called her doc to see if there was any way they could see her earlier. The only time was 9:20 Friday morning. At 3:30, I took her over to her doc and asked if they could work her in, she was getting worse and I was worried about the night. So they worked her in. The nurse took her temp, frowned and took it again. 105 degrees! Yikes!!! After a urine test and a strep test it was determined that she most definitely has a "raging" case of strep. The tummy ache, was a symptom of strep. I had never heard that before. Poor little girl. Being sick for that long and her mommy waiting 2 days to get her in! After a big shot of antibiotic, she's home and resting. She finally had some melted ice cream and then I gave her some Tylenol for her fever. It helped, but she's still really warm.

Please, everyone, fast and pray I don't get strep. I'm prone to it and when it hits me, it hits with a vengeance. I mean it knocks me flat for days and days and then it comes back a couple months later. Seriously, I would rather have almost any other sickness besides strep. Click here to see the last time I had strep. That year I had it in April, June, and Sept.

2 comments:

Ammy said...

Hannah is really prone to strep too. She had in in Dec, Jan, Feb and March once more and she gets her tonsils out. She throws up sometimes. It is a really weird symptom of strep...sometimes that's how I know she has strep. Hope you hang in there and that she gets better soon. AND I hope you don't get it. Start the Emergen-C now!!! and take it every 3 hours.

Jesse said...

The only way I knew Dustin had strep was because he complained of a really bad back ache. I don't mess when I think its kidneys. So took him in and we experienced our family's first case of strep.