Monday, May 16, 2011

Can It Survive??

Do you have something that you have had for years? Something that might be a tad embarrassing? Something that maybe is a little hard to explain? Yep, this would be me. Yes I have something. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but it's better to get things like this out in the open, right?? It's better for me to make a fool of myself for your enjoyment. Here goes.




This blanket used to be on my brother's bed. When he left, I retrieved it for myself. I believe I was in the 5th grade. Maybe 6th, but I think 5th. But it could have been 6th. But I'm pretty sure it was 5th. So that would be about about 1986 ish. But I really have NO idea when the blanket was made or by whom.






I took this blanket with me to Girls Camp, to sleepovers, vacations, when I got my wisdom teeth out, just random places like that. I did NOT take it on dates, school, church, etc. I did however bring it into our marriage, but I have to point out right here, that it's not like it was attached to me - like little kids' are. Kids drag their blankets around everywhere and that's not what I EVER did. I only used to cover up with while watching TV and things like that.





Sadly, the time has officially come that I think it is wearing out. (Sigh and tear)

I do have another blanket that I really love but it's not quite as thin as Old Red. Old Red was just thick enough to take off the chill but not too thick that it won't snuggle me or make me hot. I wonder how many time I'll have to wash Daisy before she becomes thin and perfect like Old Red.


I don't remember Old Red EVER being too thick.



I just barely came up with the names for the blankets. I don't normally name blankets. But I'm not exactly normal, either. But really, my blankets don't have names. Just my cars. And my kids. And my dog.

No comments: