Thursday, May 5, 2011

Games People Play

So a few weeks ago Mac brought over "Ticket To Ride." Have you ever played it? I have to say, Mac has redeemed himself from this incident. We. Love. This. Game. We've played it at our house several times, we've played it at Bestie's several times, we've played it with partners, we've played double trains, we've played it upside down and inside out. Well maybe not the last two, but if we could, we would.






And it's so fun with our usual group - although I like it a lot when "the others" come too! I always love getting together with friends but it's been really fun lately because of "Ticket to Ride."







My favorite version is the US/North America map,







but I also like the Nordic map.




Marklin - not so much




European is ok.






•Cross-country train adventure board game
•Players collect cards of various types of train cars
•Claim railway routes connecting cities throughout map/game board
•Easy to learn


I don't know what the age suggestions are, but definitely for older kids - like maybe 12 and up. I don't know - you know how all kids are different. Some younger kids might do well this this game - especially the US version.

If you haven't played any version of this game, I recommend it. But try and play with people who have played before and I suggest you play it before you buy it. But don't ask Mac to barrow any of his - he's very protective. Very, protective. Like he won't let anyone else fold up the board. Like he seat belts them into his car when he's transporting them. Very, protective!

No comments: