Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I tell you what!

My mom works for a local credit union. She answer phones so needless to say, she gets a myriad of phone calls a day. Let me just say there are some really strange people out there. So last week so got a call that made her laugh out loud. Literally. It went something like this:
Paula: May I help you?
Caller: Yes, ma'am. A few weeks ago I lost my wallet so I had a block put on my credit card. Well I found my wallet and I'd like the block taken off.
I have to pause right there. If that were me, I would have canceled that card/debit and just ordered another one so who cares if I ever found it agian. Not sure why this wasn't an option to this young man. Anyway, on with the story.
Paula: Ok. I can help you with that. Let me get some info from you.
While she's imputing the info she asks:
Paula: Where did you find your wallet?
Caller: In a tree, ma'am.
Paula: A tree?
Caller: Yes, ma'am.
Paula: It might be safer if we cancel this card and issue you a new card.
Caller: No, ma'am. I don't think that is necessary.
Paula: But if someone found your wallet and your card number, then threw it in a tree, as soon as we unlock your card, they can use your number to make purchases.
Caller: O-no ma'am. It's like this. A few weeks ago me and some buddies were messing around and I got rip roarin' drunk and climbed a tree and lost my wallet. Well last weekend my buddies and I were parting and I got drunk again and climbed a tree and found my wallet.
Paula put him on hold so she could laugh out loud. Then she gets back on the phone.
Paula: (in a joking voice) Well you should either quit drinking or stay out of trees. (They both chuckle) Ok that block has been removed. Is there anything else I can help you with (like hook you up with A.A.?)
Caller: No, ma'am. Not today.
Paula: Ok, you have a good day.
The call ends. To finish off this story, he was from Spanish Fork. Does that clear things up at all?

PS There is absolutley nothing wrong with Spanish Fork or the people who live there. I used to live near there and I loved almost everyone I met. S.F. is a Great community. I'm just sayin'....

No comments: