Friday, May 13, 2011

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

For the past several years, Bestie and I have gotten pedicures on Mother's Day weekend. This year we decided to try for Friday night. So I made the appointments for 8 PM and everything was set. I was feeling a little bit reluctant because Mister was home on this Friday night and that doesn't happen very often. He insisted I go and enjoy myself.

Before I left, I peeked in to tell Mister and the kids good-bye and this is what I saw. Suddenly, I felt OK about going. Mister was spending quality time with the kids and the kids were enjoying it.
Bestie and I had a GREAT time. I lost 4 pounds just in calluses on my feet!! The little Oriental guy held up my foot, pointed to a callus and said, "Wot ees dees?" (Translation: What is this?) To which I responded, "That is the reason I'm here." He then said, "Ees goot you ar." (It's good you are.)

They did a great job. About 1/2 way through the guy doing mine said, "You gias ar fonny." (You guys are funny.) Indeed we were. We laughed and joked the entire time.
QUIZ: Which toes are mine? Purple or Orange???