Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Helper...

She is my best helper EVER and I don't even know why or how this came to be, except she's always been exceptionally aware of things and always wants to please.




This is Monday:


Noodle: Mom, can I clean the bathroom?


Me: Uhhh, you mean wipe it down?


(Each of the kids has a list of chores to to everyday and so every 3 days, one of Noodle's chores is to wipe down the bathroom. This is what I thought she was talking about.)


Noodle: No, clean it like you do with the cleaner stuff.


Well let me think about that for a micro second.


Me: Absolutely!!!


I get her the stuff and she cleaned the sinks and tub - left the toilet for me - but hey! I'm not going to complain.




Yesterday morning we all weeded the garden and of course she was the best helper. Buddy and Lewlew helped, of course, but Noodle out weeded them! We come in and she hits the shower, then tackles her daily chores and then asks, "What can I help you with now, Mom?" Seriously?? At this point I'm worried she's been abducted by aliens and the girl I'm talking to isn't my Noodle. So I have her help me sweep, mop, sort clothes and start laundry. Then she asks, "What else?" I said, "Nothing that I can think of right now." Then she says, "OK. I think I'll take a break now." Then she grabs a book and heads out to the sky chair. Amazing child. I will certainly cry when school starts again in 70 some odd days!



No comments: