Thursday, March 22, 2012

Air Head 101

Tuesday was kind of a hectic afternoon. At 2:15 I picked up my older 2 kids from school. We stopped by a store on the way home. We got home close to 3:00. At 3:35 we left to drop the birthday girl off at her dad's office. (He was in charge of the "party" at Nickel City.) I then left to pick up a friend of the girls to drop her and my youngest off at choir at 4:00. Then I came home and frosted the cupcakes. *Then about 4:40 I loaded up the van and my son and I left, again. I stopped at the library, then went to choir to pick up my youngest. Then we met the birthday girl at Nickel City. It was about this time that I realized I forgot my son's gluten free donut at home. (He needed a gluten free substitute for birthday cake that we were going to eat a little bit later with the rest of the family.) We reached Nickel City and my oldest and youngest went off to play. I found Bret, told him about the forgotten donut. We agreed that when I took the party goers home, he would go back to our house and get the gluten free donut. Cupcakes were dispersed and I left to take the girls home. Then we met up with the rest of the family at Arby's for dinner, cake and presents. Here's the part I left out:
*In my hurry to leave the house at 4:40, I put the gift to my daughter from my mom on the top of the van while I unloaded my arms. Then I went back inside the house to get another load - which I put in the van, shut the door and we were off. As soon as I turned on to Center Street (a busy street with 2 lanes on each side and a turning lane in the middle and NO one driving the speed limit of 40 mph) I heard this noise. When I looked in the rear view mirror, I realized the noise was the present I left on the top of the van being blown off the van. I stopped in the middle lane and waited for the other lanes to be clear enough for me to get the package. In the mean time, a car or 12 hit and/or ran over the box, obliterating the box. There were only clothes inside so nothing broke, but still. Finally I reached the clothes and scooped them up and hurried to get back in the van - all done without 1 single person honking at me. Upon inspection, I saw that only the pair of pink capri's had a tire mark on them - not the white shirt that coordinated with them. Whew! Dodged a bullet there! Seriously, where is my brain?

No comments: