Monday, March 12, 2012

Demonic Time Change

Not very long ago (less than a year), in the great state I live in, there was a vote to do away with the time change. Our state would stay standard time (I think it was standard - but it could have been daylight savings time.) And for some odd, backward, ridiculous reason, it failed. I want to know what moron voted for this to NOT pass. Seriously, who likes to adjust to a new time and do it twice a year? Who enjoys it? Who looks forward to this for weeks at a time? I, for one, do NOT! I really don't care which time we have, just quite changing it! Leave it one way or the other!
If I understand this correctly, DST started when resources were tight. They decided that if the day went longer in the evening people would use less electricity, thus saving resources. That's great. But why don't we always stay on DST?
I doesn't really matter - I just hate adjusting to the time change twice a year.

1 comment:

Ammy said...

I feel the same....I am SOOOOO tempted to move to Arizona so I don't have to put up with the change....EVER. It's so hard on our bodies and our poor kids. I hate it and I will complain probable every time it changes.